Calne Bike Meet 2016
At the end of 2016 the committee gave away £10,800 to its nominated charities after a very successful event. We would like to thank you all for your kind donations to make this happen.
For 2016 we donated £10,800 across 5 charities:
- National Association for Bikers with a Disability (NABD), Since its inception in April 1991, the NABD has directly helped over eleven thousand disabled people to enjoy the freedom and independence of motorcycling.
- Julia’s House, is the only children’s hospice charity in Dorset dedicated to helping life-limited children and their families across the county and in South Wiltshire.
- Calne Youth Trust, provides a safe and supervised environment for the young people aged between 11 years and 17 years of Calne and surrounding areas, in which they can meet with their friends, play pool, use computers, play station and board games. The centre is staffed solely by volunteers. Funding for the centre is raised by the volunteers – and donations given by other organisations. Entrance is free.
- The Royal British Legion is the UK’s leading Armed Forces charity and one of its largest membership organisations. Members get together through the network of branches and clubs all over the country and overseas to participate in social, fundraising and welfare activities. Calne Branch meets at 2.00pm on the third Sunday of every month in the function room of the Lansdowne Strand Hotel.
- The Unity Support Riders were originally trained by the Metropolitan Police BikeSafe team to assist in the running of motorcycle charity events within London. Since their conception in 2005 the Unity Support Riders (USR’s) have now assisted in over 120 motorcycle, cycle and other on-road events helping to raise both funding and the profile of charitable organisations.
We did it again, with heavy rain on the run up to the weekend we were worried, Saturday was excellent weather for this years event and the town was packed for the festivities.
A huge thank you goes out to everyone involved and to those who took part and joined us for this cracking event!
View 2015 archive
- View 2017 archive